Sept. 2022 Program Full (waiting list available Contact Trudi)
Love of Learning Montessori Casa/Kindergarten is a unique, home-based private school option which operates 3 days a week during the school year, following the SCDSB calendar. I only accept four students.
- Your child will develop close social ties under the observant eye of a caring teacher.
- Your child will become part of a tightly knit group of learners.
- Your preschool child will develop phonetic awareness and become confident in pre-printing.
- Your kindergarten child will become confident with printing skills and begin to develop a toolbox for excellent primary reading skills.
- Your child will have a personalized curriculum according to his/her abilities and interests.
My academic and artistic kindergarten program allows your child to experience a creative and structured Montessori curriculum focusing on literacy, mathematics, fine-motor and spatial development, self-regulation, social-emotional skills, art and music.
4:1 ratio ensures your child receives the personal attention he or she deserves!
- Class Dojo App updates with photos of our day & work sent home regularly
- detailed report cards keep you informed of your child's progress
- vocabulary enrichment through stories, oral word games, poetry & more
- studies of animals, plants, and science experiments add to your child's worldly knowledge & vocabulary while instilling a love of discovery & researching
- letter sound recognition
- printing with accurate formation of letters
- development of reading strategies
- creative writing
- comprehension & sequencing
- predicting, retelling & relating
- sentence structure
- daily story time and book time with a wide range of books always available
- developing understanding of symbols & quantities, starting with 1-10 & progressing upward
- beginning knowledge of addition & subtraction, multiplication & division
- problem solving
- introduction to measurement, time & data management
- counting, skip counting, printing numbers
- 2 & 3 dimensional shapes
- patterning & sorting
MUSIC & MUSIC APPRECIATION
- we sing along with guitar & piano, dance & play instruments
- introduction to concepts of melody, beat, rhythm, pitch & ear training
- children are immersed in a wide variety of musical styles & composers as well as much loved children's music
- regular opportunities to create singing videos to share with parents
ARTS & CRAFTS
- art materials, such as paints, crayons, markers, chalk, scissors, glue, pencils & paper are always available
- children are introduced to many art techniques and are encouraged to be imaginative & take pride in their creations
- seasonal crafts & art projects will come home to decorate your fridge
FINE-MOTOR & LARGE-MOTOR DEVELOPMENT
- to encourage development of pincer grasp, hand control & co-ordination, we use many different hands-on Montessori activities & work with pencils, chalk & markers
- large motor co-ordination, flexibility, ease of movement & spatial awareness are developed through use of balance beam, balance board, active games & dancing
PLAYTIME - PLAY TO LEARN
An essential part of any child's day of learning and socializing is play time:
- blocks, magnets
- markers, crayons & paper
- play dough
- dress-up clothes
- dolls, trains, cars, animals, & more
Outdoor playtime happens everyday:
- peaceful neighbourhood
- nature walks in the surrounding forest
- plenty of room to run on the grass
- sandbox play
- beautiful flower gardens to explore
- large, safe driveway for trikes and big wheels
FEES – MONTESSORI PRESCHOOL / KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM
Children Aged 3-6
Monthly Program Fees
3 Days per Week – program follows SCDSB calendar
Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday
Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday
- OPTION A: 9:10am - 3:00pm $550 / month
- OPTION B: 8:30am - 4:00pm $625 / month
One-time supplies fee $75.00
- ratio limited to 4:1 to ensure personal attention for your child - only 4 children are accepted into my program
- program is suitable for pre-JK, JK & SK
- your child must be toilet trained upon entry in September
- frequent & open communication regarding your child's progress is fundamental to my program - I use the free ClassDojo App to send photos & comments daily
- three report cards yearly
- balanced day schedule to coincide with the public system school day - 2 eating breaks & 2 recess breaks
- references provided upon request
- child care receipts issued yearly
- program follows the Simcoe County District School Board calendar of holidays
CONTACT TRUDI for more information or to arrange a personal visit.